Monday, January 26, 2015

Makes My Life Easier-Clarified Butter

Clarified butter, sometimes also known as ghee, is butter where the milk solids and water have been removed.  This increases the smoke point of the butter, making it a good choice for greasing your baking sheets, or when pan frying.

We use it when making French toast, toads in the hole, pancakes, etc.  Pretty much any place where you want the butter flavor, but not the smokiness of butter, you can use clarified butter.

Where can you buy it?  I buy mine from Trader Joe's.  I have seen it in Indian markets and of course you can get it here.

*Disclosure: post includes affiliate links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly