So...Valentine's Day is next week. Trying to think of something to make your honey? Consider these. They are your basic chocolate chip cookie with a ton of extra yumminess packed in. No Valentine's plans, no problem. This cookie dough is extremely delicious eaten straight out of the bowl. I may actually venture to say the dough is better than the actual cookie, but that's how I like to roll.
Cherry Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup rye flour (whole wheat flour can be used if you don't have rye flour)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1-12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop tablespoons of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Allow to cool.