Toll House Pie:
adapted from verybestbaking.com
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inch)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup (6 oz.) chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips, however the original recipe calls for semi-sweet)
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( I used pecans, however, my mom always used walnuts)
- Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (I used Cool Whip)
2. Beat in flour, sugar, and brown sugar.
3. Beat in the butter.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped nuts of your choice and pour into pie crust.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour (or as a pastry chef friend of mine once said "until its done")